If you have a newborn, I am happy to help gently guide you and your new baby into a routine to help with their sleep patterns. If your baby is over six months old and eating solid food, I can help with “sleep training”. Before this age, babies are simply too young.
If you are struggling to get your baby (or toddler) into a good sleep routine and would like some help, advice and support, you can contact me for a sleep consultation.
Do you know what your goals are? How achievable are they?
- A good day routine and a good night routine are needed to help your little one know what’s coming next.
- Make sure your baby isn’t hungry or too full.
- Set realistic goals. Teaching your baby to sleep by themselves is a new skill for them and this takes time.
- Keep bedtimes calm and consistent.
- Make sure the room is the right temperature and that the baby is dressed appropriately.
- If your little one wakes during the night, leave them for a little while to see if they will settle themselves. You know your baby better than any one else. You know what a “sleepy” cry is and an “unhappy” cry.
- Remember that like you, your baby is unique. Their needs may not be the same as other babies of the same age or stage.
- Use the advice that fits your ethos and ignore everything else. There is no right or wrong….you get to decide what you think is best for your baby.